As long as the eyes are in good shape, they do not require particular care since they manage to clean, moisturise and regenerate themselves excellently. However, we often strain them over the limit. Then they become red, dry or the contrary — they become watery. This is not only a reason for discomfort, it can also lead to serious illnesses. Additionally, after the age of 40, the first signs of ageing begin to appear. Due to hardening of the lens, the eyes gradually lose accommodation, which is the ability to sharply see object in different distances. This process is inevitable, and we should take care of our eyes every day, regardless of age.
TIENS Vision contains vitamins (E, B2, beta-carotene), minerals (selenium, zinc, copper), (Goji berry, bilberry) (African marigold). The most important component – Goji berries has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years.
TIENS Vision contains Goji berries. According to scientific research the fruits contain 18 different amino acids, vitamin C, B vitamins, unsaturated fatty acids, micro- and macro-elements and flavonoids. When it comes to their nutritional value, they belong to one of the most nutritious fruits on earth. Additionally, Goji berries are a natural source of zeaxanthin. Together with lutein and well-known beta-carotene (provitamin A) zeaxanthin is a compound classified as a carotenoid. Carotenoids are natural fat-soluble plant pigments whose presence in the human body is entirely dependent on their consumption. We do not have the capacity to produce them. Lutein and zeaxanthin give many plants — fruits, vegetables, flowers — their orange-yellow colour. In plants pigments as lutein and zeaxanthin act as a yellow filter absorbing harmful ultraviolet rays (UV). Human retina and lens accumulate lutein and zeaxanthin. They act as natural ‘sunglasses’ protecting the sensitive, central region of the retina — the macula.
TIENS Vision also contains bilberry extract (Vaccinium myrtillus L.). The bilberries have a positive influence on human body. They stabilize collagen formation in eye and affect the capillary vessels and vein health. Bilberries maintain eye functioning through antioxidant and venous support action and protect of DNA, proteins and lipids from oxidative damage.
In turn, African marigold extract is also source of carotenoid, such as lutein. The preparation also contains copper, selenium, vitamin E and vitamin B2.
The ingredients contained in the preparation:
– riboflavin (vitamin B2) and zinc contribute to the maintenance of normal vision;
– vitamin E, riboflavin (vitamin B2), zinc, selenium and copper contribute to the protection of cells from oxidative stress;
– copper, selenium and zinc contribute to the normal function of the immune system;
– bilberry is rich in the antioxidants anthocyanidins;
– the antioxidant anthocyanosides in bilberry help maintain the proper retina functions;
– bilberry anthocyanosides could help in stabilizing the healthy collagen level in the eye;
– bilberry anthocyanosides can help capillary vessels health and elasticity of veins against harmful effect of free radicals;
– marigold (Tagetes patula var. Tagetes erecta) contributes to improving the visual acuity.