Ikan TIENS combines gynostemma – a Far Eastern “longevity herb” with carrot-popular around the world. This extraordinary combination provides a number of benefits for our health of the supplement include carrot powder, ekstract of jiogulan leaf and green tea as well as vitamin C. All ingregients are rich in the vitamins, minerals and biologically active compounds.
Gynostemma (Gynostemma pentaphyllum), also known as Jiaogulan, has been dubbed by the Chinese the “southern Chinese ginseng”. For hundreds of years the Chinese have been using it for pro-health properties. It generically contains three times as much of the active substances – saponins – as ginseng, which is why the Chinese tend to describe Jiaogulan as “like ginseng but better”.
The main ingredients of Ikan TIENS are: the gynostemma pentaphyllum extract, carrot powder and vitamin C. Gynostemma was used in Chinese medicine from a long time. Its beneficial effects stem from the variety of amino acids (18 aminoacids of which 7 necessary) , vitamins and minerals. The plant contains, including calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, selenium and zinc. The following plants were also isolated plant sterols: ergostanol, sitosterol, stigmasterol, chondrillasterol, flavonoids: quercetin, kemferol and rutin. The flavonoid content varies depending on the plant genotype and environment, ranging from 45 to 123 mg/g plant.
The second ingredient of the supplement, carrot root (Daucus carota) is well-known for being rich in provitamin A – carotene, to which the vegetable owes its colour. This ingredient is very famous not only in as ingredient in diet but also as in medicine and is very common in food suuplements. Its popularity is due to the fact that it is an extraordinary source of many naturally occurring active ingredients.
Carrot root is, similarly to gynostemma, rich in substances and elements essential to health, such as carotenoids including provitamin A, α- and β-carotene), vitamins: B1, B2, B6, C, E, H, K, PP, folic acid and the following minerals: potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, iron, sodium, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium, cobalt, as well as sulphur compounds, pectins, inositol and coumarins.
The ingredients of the preparation play an active role in many processes of the body, and bring a number of effects. The most important among these are:
– Calcium contributes to normal blood clotting, normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal muscle function, normal neurotransmission, normal function of digestive enzymes, has a role in the process of cell division and specialisation, is needed for the maintenance of normal bones and teeth,
– Iron contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism, formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin, oxygen transport in the body, normal function of the immune system and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue,
– Magnesium contributes to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue, normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal functioning of the nervous system, normal muscle function, normal protein synthesis, and has a role in the process of cell division,
– Phosphorus contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism, function of cell membranes and maintenance of normal bones,
– Potassium contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system and normal muscle function,
– Selenium contributes to normal spermatogenesis, function of the immune system, normal thyroid function and protection of cells from oxidative stress,
– Zinc contributes to normal acid-base metabolism, DNA synthesis, macronutrient metabolism, metabolism of fatty acids, metabolism of vitamin A and protein synthesis,
– Vitamin C contributes to the regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E energy-yielding metabolism, protection of cells from oxidative stress, normal function of the immune system, reduction of tiredness and fatigue, increases iron absorption, contributes to maintain the normal function of the immune system during and after intense physical exercise,
– Vitamin B1 contributes to the normal function of the heart,
– Vitamin B2 contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress, reduction of tiredness and fatigue and normal functioning of the nervous system,
– B6 contributes to normal protein and glycogen metabolism, homocysteine metabolism, cysteine synthesis,
– Vitamin E contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress,
– Vitamin K contributes to normal blood clotting and maintenance of normal bones,
– Biotin contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism, unctioning of the nervous system, macronutrient metabolism and mucous membranes,
– Niacin contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system and contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue,
– Folate contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy, normal function of the immune system, reduction of tiredness and fatigue and has a role in the process of cell division.