Joints are exposed to excessive strain every day. Many problems with their function also begin to appear with age, because the structure of the joints is impaired. Therefore is very important to supplement thea daily diet with ingredients n ecessary for their proper functioning.
Joints are the locations where bones meet allowing movement. For their proper function, they require healthy joint cartilage, synovial fluid and a correct attachment of the muscles and tendons. Joint cartilage plays a key role here, as its dysfunction leads to rheumatic diseases. With age, joint cartilage wears out and the joints cease to properly function. This causes the appearance of pain, stiffness, and with time can lead to impaired movement.
Apart from ageing, our lifestyle is another factor affecting the shape of our joints. Exercise is always recommended, however some sports or strain during everyday physical activities can overburden the joints just as much as heavy lifting, walking in high heels or extra weight. Additionally, stress leads to the constriction of back muscles, and as a result the legs are supplied with insufficient amounts of oxygen, and joints begin to hurt.
In order to maintain the joints in good shape, appropriate physical exercise, a calcium-rich diet, vitamins D, B and C may prove helpful. However in case of shortage of certain ingredients, very important is proper supplementation. Food supplements are the nutraceutical whose purpose is to supplement the normal diet of the active ingredients products, which are necessary for our organism. TIENS Flexi combines active ingredients as glucosamine, chondroitin, hyaluronic acid, as well as valuable components using in Traditional Chinese Medicine as the Brazilian mushroom, devil’s claw and turmeric.
The supplement contains Brazilian mushroom (Agaricus blazei Murill). This precious fungus can be found in various region of the world: in China, Taiwan, Japan, Brazil. For the first time this mushroom was mentioned by mycologist William A. Murrill in 1945 and it was the beginning of the study, to get to know its properties. It emerged that Brazilian mushroomThis fungus is a source of many minerals (potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, iron), vitamins (B1, B2). It also contains nicotinic acid and bioactive polysaccharides such as beta-glucans. Therey are many studies and publications, which confirm that in this component active substances, haves a positive influence on the human body by, for example supporting immune system.
Another ingredient of the preparation — devil’s claw (Harpagophytum procumbens) is a plant originating from Africa. It contains iridoids compounds, (harpagoside, harpagide and procumbid), as well as flavonoids, phenolic acids and many other substances, helpful for the proper functioning of the organism.
In turn, turmeric, also called the Indian saffron, is known in Europe mainly as an oriental spice. Asians have been using it for thousands of years in traditional medicine. Turmeric contains antioxidant components and also includes over a hundred other active substances. The most precious ones are curcumin and its derivatives called curcuminoids. Turmeric supports the functioning of the nervous system and help to maintain the health of joints and bones.
Flexi TIENS preparation contains also glucosamine, chondoritin and hyaluronic acid. These three very valuable ingredients are an integral part of the human body and building blocks of joint cartilage.
Possible effects of the components of the preparation:
– Potassium contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system and muscle function,
– Phosphorus contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and teeth,
– Magnesium contributes to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue, normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal functioning of the nervous system, normal muscle function, normal protein synthesis, maintenance of normal bones, teeth and has a role in the process of cell division,
– Calcium contributes to normal muscle function, normal neurotransmission, has a role in the process of cell division and specialisation, m is needed for the maintenance of normal bones and teeth,
– Iron contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and has a role in the process of cell division,
– Thiamine contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system,
– Riboflavin contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system, protection of cells from oxidative stress and reduction of tiredness and fatigue.